Hey #fsharp, another video on benchmarking various approaches to a problem with F#.
My apologies to @thinkb4coding for mangling your name 😂 and thank you for the inspiration!
How do your #password habits stack up next to the global trends? Check out the results from the 2022 World Password Day survey! https://bitwarden.com/blog/world-password-day-survey-2022
Recently retired from Microsoft (Azure ML). Career-long interests in: prog langs, psychology of s/w dev, machine-driven sol’ns (dynamic programming, ML, etc.), scheduling/bin-packing niche. Used to edit mags: Computer Language, Game Developer, AI Expert. Retirement focus is ML for environment.
Most common tools: Python (I wish F#), PyTorch, Fast.AI.
Live in Hawai’i (Big Island), lot of time on/underwater.
New people, welcome to Mastodon and the Fediverse!
Here's how to get started:
2. Find out your Mastodon/Fediverse address so you can share it with friends (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107248252715651564)
3. Invite people to join you on here by telling them to go to https://joinmastodon.org and click on "Get Started". It doesn't matter if they join a different server because the servers talk to each other (here's a bit more of an explanation https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107021461185874594)
4. Find out what the Fediverse is (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107044096139091624)
5. Find out why Mastodon being on so many different servers/instances is a really good thing (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107083735491993183)
6. If you see anything nasty, you can report it to your friendly server admin (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/106540152842368591)
7. You can (sort of) verify your account if you own a website (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/106274105538953001)
If you have any questions, @ me or DM me!
This is a really wonderful explanation of transformers (the # mlpfim architecture behind the boom in #NLP) for software engineers. For me, vastly clearer than other “visual” explanations. https://blog.nelhage.com/post/transformers-for-software-engineers/
I'm also going to completely open up #WritingExchange registrations for the next couple days, so people don't have to wait for approval.
Voice and video calls are now available on Session.
The beta for our calls feature has now gone public, marking the final step before our full release of HQ onion-routed calling — a world-first for a messaging app.
On the latest episode of How to Fix the Internet, we talk with Adam Savage, the maker extraordinaire from MythBusters, Savage Builds, and Tested, about the right to repair, to tinker, and to put creativity and innovation to work in your own garage: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2022/04/podcast-episode-making-hope-adam-savage
Looking for something a bit more powerful than a Pi to build a cyberdeck? Framework has you covered. https://hackaday.com/2022/04/21/modular-laptop-maker-provides-mainboard-documentation-for-non-laptop-projects/
Original tweet : https://twitter.com/hackaday/status/1517096110527070210
If you're looking for more feeds to add to your collection on this unofficial RSS appreciation day here are a bunch someone posted on gemini.
Hello to all you brilliant new people on Mastodon and the Fediverse!
If you're wondering how to get started on here, take a look at this guide for beginners:
If there's anything you want to know, if you have any questions, reply to this post or send me a message and I will try to find the answer 🤔 (And don't worry if you think it's a stupid question, there's no such thing!)
We don't need to passively accept it when conceited billionaires buy up social media.
We can create and use our own social media instead:
There are thousands of community-owned servers on the Fediverse with millions of registered users.
We can take back ownership of our online social lives, if we choose to.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!